These are pics from my great-uncle's 90th birthday party, two weekends ago.
Took a little hiatus. We took a trip in the meantime too. David's cousin, Emily, got married this weekend! Congrats Emily and Ira! We went to Okeechobee (about an hour and a half outside of Orlando, FL) for the wedding. This was Adeline's first plane ride, and I don't think she'll be racking up any frequent flyer miles soon. No matter what we tried, she could not stand the ear-popping on descent. I felt really bad for her...and the guy sitting next to us, but when I apologized, he said, "No problem, I've been through this with four of my own." Nothing like sympathy to make you feel better.
I already knew she was a kid who gets car sick (biggest reason we decided to fly), but we were still not safe on that one either. She threw up in the rental car on the hour and a half ride from the airport. Let's just say traveling with an 18-month-old is not high on my list of favorite things. But getting to see David's family in Florida is! It was great to see you guys, and Emily made the most beautiful bride ever! When Adeline and her baby brother get older we'll come back for a Disneyworld trip!
It seems like we've been really busy lately, but doing what, I don't know. I have my first court appearance tomorrow, and I'm nervous about that. Say a prayer for me!
I have a picture shortage again. I'll try to do better. (Jenny, if you have any pics from this weekend, you'll have to email some). There are those from the b-day party above, then there is one random one from last Monday when David and I went to a Memphis Grizzlies game. I put some of Adeline's clothes in a big consignment sale held near here called Me-and-Mommy. They were giving away door prizes, and I won tickets to the game!

1 comment:
Thank you for posting pics of Mommy and Daddy Slocum. I like to see how my Ging is doing/ growing.
... hope Adeline is missing me... I miss her every time I reach for chocolate ice cream, and look into her sparkly, feisty eyes...
Post a Comment