Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Cedar Hill Farm






Even with the cold weather, we still had a great time with Casey, Bethany and Harper on Friday. I had no idea this place is just down the road from us! The girls loved the petting zoo. Adeline did her usual animal thing - she tried to feed each one rocks. I don't know why, but she does the same to our cat and dog.

Cedar Hill has kind of a sad story. It's owned by a doctor and his wife, and the whole thing is in their backyard. They created it years ago for their son, who was very sick. He passed away, and they closed the farm for a year. They then realized that they had all these wonderful things in their backyard, and they should share it. So, every fall they have a Pumpkin Picking and in the spring, it's the Easter Egg Hunt. I think it's open pretty much year-round. In addition to the petting zoo, there's a old-country type store with concessions, inflatable bouncy things for kids to play in, and a train ride. I Paint ball too, but we won't worry about that for a few more years.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I like it when Adeline's parents are in the pics, too.

Are you showing yet?